Pierre Pierre, who replica handbag 185cm tall, gucci replica handbags the "Diamond King" in his hermes replica handbags . He has been selected as one of the handbag replica most beautiful 50 people in the "People" magazine. It is also known as replica handbags most elegant and quiet in the world. Unforgettable prince.
Becoming a Councillor

Becoming a Councillor

Speen Parish Council currently has five vacancies for Councillors and one for Vice-Chair. At present there are seven Councillors but we should have thirteen.

We would love to hear from anyone who is interested in keeping Speen Parish a vibrant and great place to live. Be involved in the ‘grass roots’ of Local Government and make thing happen. Help resolve local issues and bring them to the powers that be.

If you are interested in joining the Council please contact the Clerk. Details of our Co-option protocol can be found here.

What does a Councillor do?

As a Councillor you would be representing the people who live in the local area. Councillors can make a real difference to a local community and make it a better place to live in.

Councillors are involved in making decisions that affect the local community, such as: where money should be spent, which activities the Council should support, applying for grants to benefit the local community, which services should be delivered and which policies should be implemented.

Councillors can also get involved locally. For example:  Attending local community meetings, dealing with Parishioners concerns.

As a Councillor you would be required to attend a full Council meeting once every two months. Members also attend one or two working party meetings in-between full Council meetings.  On average being a Councillor can take up to 2 – 3 hours a week.

Am I qualified?

As long as you are enthusiastic about helping the local community and want to make a difference, then yes, you probably are.

Additional criteria are:-

  • You must be aged 18 or over
  • You must be a British Citizen, or a Citizen of the Commonwealth or the European Union.
  • Have lived or worked in the local area for the past 12 months
  • You must be a local government elector
  • You cannot join the Council if:-
  • You are subject to a bankruptcy restriction order or interim order
  • You have been convicted and imprisoned (suspended or not) for at least 3 months, within the last 5 years.
  • You work for the Council or Local Authority.


   Copyright © 2005 - 2019 Edge Impact Consulting Ltd Content Management System (EdgeImpactCMS) Version 4.0, www.edgeimpact.co.uk